Geography and its Importance
Geography is one of the major branches of social sciences. The subject involves the study of the physical aspects of the world. Geography studies the formation and development of the universe. How was the galaxy formed? How did the formation of the earth and the continents take place, and how did life forms develop on earth?
Our universe was not developed in a day. It took several years to form and shape as we see it today. The study of such aspects helps in a better understanding of concepts by the students. Which provides them assignment help in geography.
- First and foremost, it acquaints us with the world around us. We get a solid understanding of what we have around us.
- Students learn about the various factors that affect the life form on earth. How did these life forms come into existence? How they share a relationship with the other components of the universe is all studied in the subject.
For example, if we study mountains, we consider them. What led to the development of these physical features on earth? What materials are they made of? Why do they differ in size and shape? How do they help the region they are located in? That is what is important.
In the same way, we study the other components of the universe as well.
- While studying geography, we try to understand flora and fauna worldwide. Therefore, the species that live around us are studied in the subject.
- We also learn about the working of the various physical phenomena around us. For example, how does the water cycle facilitate the proper functioning of the environment? How do the ocean currents form, how do they benefit us, and how do the various movements of the earth affect the weather and climatic patterns?
- Once we learn about the various factors that affect the weather and climatic conditions around us, we get an idea about the disasters that can be caused due to the functioning of these climatic factors. Thus, we can timely manage these disasters and save the lives of millions.
- If we know the geography of a place, we can understand the location of the place. This helps us easily locate the place and even reach them.
- Studying the latitudes and longitudes helps us easily understand the place’s time patterns and time differences.
Understanding this concept is important, especially when students are working on calculating time with the help of this concept.
A better understanding of it can help them with geography homework.
- We understand how the past’s geography has affected the present’s geography and, in turn, supported life on earth.
- The study of the solar system in geography gives us an idea about the formation of various galaxies and the study of the various planets in our milky way galaxy.
We study several other celestial bodies in our solar system on this subject.
These bodies have a direct and an indirect impact on the earth.
- After that, we study the various phenomena that impact the earth’s temperature, like the greenhouse effect and global warming. This helps us understand why the earth’s temperature rises and formulate ways to reduce the same.
- In geography, we study the various water bodies and the sea organisms that live inside them. We study what helps these organisms survive in that particular environment.
- A study of the various soils helps us understand their suitability for the growth of various crops. This helps in conducting further research into the agricultural field, thus resulting in a better economy for a country.
- Studying the various layers of the atmosphere helps us understand the placement of various satellites in these layers. That facilitates better connectivity worldwide and development in science and technology.
- Political geography gives us an idea about the different places around the world. After that, we study the importance of these places, their specialities and the benefit they can offer to the entire world. Finally, the cities and regions we study about viewed from a perspective of their standing in the entire world.
- The study of the inner earth factors like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions comprises the developments inside the earth. The factors that lead to the happening of these phenomena inside the earth. How they find a way to the surface and impact the lives of human beings and other living components.
The scientists are then able to predict these phenomena and give an early warning to people around the region. Here we also study how one activity leads to the happening of the other one.
What man-induced factors are responsible for the same?
- In geography, we also learn about the movements of wind and currents that affect the temperature and climate of a place.
- Here we study the different heat zones of the earth, which helps us easily understand the flora and fauna that may exist in the place. Students can take the help of this information when they need help with homework and wish to understand the features of that particular heat zone.
- A study of mineral resources is also done on the subject, wherein one studies the regions rich in such resources. This helps the industrialists understand what factory they can set up and where to set up this factory so they can benefit the most from it.
Therefore, these were a few important of geography and a brief about what we study in this branch of social science. The information that we learn here facilitates us in our assignment help as well as offers a better understanding of the subject.